With hurricane Irene heading up the eastern coast, my husband and I are trying to decide if we should cancel our trip to Cleveland for the weekend. We are scheduled to fly in and out of BWI on Saturday and Monday afternoons. The weather in Cleveland looks wonderful, but we are afraid of flying in this weather, driving in it to get to the airport and the possibility of delays.
Fortunately we are booked to fly on Southwest Airlines, so there are no fees to change our flights. If we cancel we will receive Southwest credit for another flight. We also booked cancelable rates at the hotels and we are permitted to cancel the rooms up until late Friday afternoon with no penalty. Both of us were looking forward to going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but we may need to postpone this trip for another time. As my mother always says, “Better safe than sorry”, may be the best advice for us to follow. We are monitoring the weather and plan to make a decision early Friday morning.